350z clutch pedal not returning in 1st gear

Tomm350z

Ok, so after doing some research I understand that this issue has been posted many times across the forums but I'm just looking for advice.

When I try to pull away quickly in first gear and let the clutch out fast the pedal returns only 1/2 - 3/4 of the way. However this only happens in first gear under these circumstances and a I can't replicate the issue in any other gear. Should I replace the clutch master cylinder (or slave cylinder?) to be on the safe side? Or could this be another issue?

Fit a new slave cyl and flush out the old fluid and add some high temperature fluid.

Carry out a good bleed, getting rid of all the air and DO NOT let the fluid reservoir run dry.

Oh! and fit a new braided clutch line and bin the rubber one. :thumbs:

Edited by ZMANALEX

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I replaced the slave cylinder along with braided line and high temperature fluid yesterday and the issue still continues :( whenever I let the clutch out fast into first gear the pedal sticks and comes half way up.. could this be the master cylinder??