Speedo stopped working advice

scotzman

I think your missing the point, the digital gauge will always have the letters, kmh, regardless of a speed chip.

So, presumably your speedo registers the speed your travelling in mph and the digital gauge shows roughly the same speed?

I think you're right, the only JDM cluster with MPH that I can find after a fairly extensive search, is the Nismo article for 800 quid from Japan.

therefore, I would agree that if he has a facia that shows mph and digi that shows kph, there must be a converter (and a change of facia) in the mix.

If you can stomach that price, scotzman, that's the one to get!!

7187l.jpg

Here's a second hand one for a little less.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252443327434

Or just get my speedo fixed :lol:

I think your missing the point, the digital gauge will always have the letters, kmh, regardless of a speed chip.

So, presumably your speedo registers the speed your travelling in mph and the digital gauge shows roughly the same speed?

Thats what i would have thought

http://www.sumopower.com/product/sumo-power-speedo-converter--delimiter-cartek-ck-un-09

Ok, so if you registering in mph, you most likely have one of the above, which is what i have had problems in the past with, along with a few others. It will most likely be spliced into the loom behind the instrument cluster, so remove the cluster, there is a guide in here somewhere and its pretty easy, you will be left with the instrument multi pin connecter sticking out the dash and hopefully you should see one of these spliced into the loom.

Remove and re connect the original colour coded loom wires, reinstall instrument cluster and see that your speedo works.

Put some photos up if your unsure.

http://www.sumopower...cartek-ck-un-09

Ok, so if you registering in mph, you most likely have one of the above, which is what i have had problems in the past with, along with a few others. It will most likely be spliced into the loom behind the instrument cluster, so remove the cluster, there is a guide in here somewhere and its pretty easy, you will be left with the instrument multi pin connecter sticking out the dash and hopefully you should see one of these spliced into the loom.

Remove and re connect the original colour coded loom wires, reinstall instrument cluster and see that your speedo works.

Put some photos up if your unsure.

Jet if i remember right when had it facia and cluster out to do the cameras, i always check pin connections before i put anything back and it looked like there was no connections added to the cluster loom, but will remove it today to double check and will post a couple of pics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you ever resolve this? I'm fighting a similar problem....swapped speedo... no different....swapped sensors on diff. ..and checked fuses.... still no good.... thinking of pushing it in the sea. .. Peter

Hi Peter, was told its possibly the speed sensor on the gearbox, so im gonna PM Jon@emperor and see if he has one... worth a try