Anyone fitted a Power Magic Pro for a BlackVue Dash Cam in a 350z?

arif_manji

Hi Guys,

I am intendng to fit a BlackVue DR650s dash cam in my 2009 350z HR. I am mainly fitting it for the purpose of the parking mode and motion detection feature that works with wifi straight alerting you to your smartphone

I have purchased the BlackVue cameras (front and rear) and also the Power Magic Pro that keeps the camera on without having the ignition powered. I have also bought a couple of fuse tap adaptors so it can be connect to the fuse box without any modifications to any wires in the car.

My questions are:

- Where is the fuse box in th car?

- I need 2 fuses to tap into, one for when the iginition is on and one for a constant power feed. Which fuses are the best to tap into?

- I also have to fit another camera to the rear windscreen, so I need to run a cable from the front of the car (dashcam) to the rear of the car (to the rear dash cam). I want to run the cable through the roof lining into the boot. Can I run it through the boot lid harness, is there enough room through the rubber bit the harness goes through?

Any help would be apprecated.

Thanks

There's 3 fuse boxes. 1 in the driver foot well and 2 next to the battery under the bonnet.

Are you referring to this boot lid harness?

Ftf1bEG.jpg

Thanks mate, that's a huge help!

Is it difficult to get a cable through the boot lid harness and roof lining?

Thanks

My questions are:

- Where is the fuse box in th car?

- I need 2 fuses to tap into, one for when the iginition is on and one for a constant power feed. Which fuses are the best to tap into?

- I also have to fit another camera to the rear windscreen, so I need to run a cable from the front of the car (dashcam) to the rear of the car (to the rear dash cam). I want to run the cable through the roof lining into the boot. Can I run it through the boot lid harness, is there enough room through the rubber bit the harness goes through?

Thanks

I didn't installed it myself but...

The power magic pro is install in the driver foot well

The leads to my rear one go through the boot lid as described.

A couple of other things, I think the wifi alert will only work if your on the same wifi network I.e. parked on your drive it may be okay, parked in town and out shopping center its not okay. I have the Wifi turned off as it saves battery life, see my next point....

Leaving the camera running whilst parked will kill your battery. I used to have mine set up to stay alert for as long as it could - it makes 2-3 days on a fully charged battery new battery. However I don't drive very often an when I do its generally under 20 minutes so the battery never gets fully recharged. Car batteries are not designed to run down and then be fully recharged, so you will need to replace your battery often. I killed a battery in under a year, but part of that may be because I left it uncharged for long periods.

To get round this I now have the dashcam set up to run for 3 hours in parking mode and have 2 batteries which I swap out and fully charge every 2-3 weeks. Bit of a pain, especially with the Zeds poorly designed battery holder.

I've had to use this device more than I hoped ... http://www.350z-uk.c...-that-start-v8/

Edited by Randy_Baton