To Import Or Not To Import!?

davidwatson85

or more to the point, where to import from...??

just wondering if any of the JDM owners who were first UK owners had suggestions on good (or BAD!?) companies (pref near the south east!) to go to for a Z!??

my main problem in finding one is i need to part-ex my current car (as its pretty knackered and i`d get pennies if i sold it private!) and most of the big names (i.e Bonsai cars) dont do part-ex.

Help! :scare:

yeh sorry didnt really explain that too well.basically when i part-ex my car, all that money plus some more borrowed on finance for the Z will pay off the old finance. if you see what i mean!?

its a citroen c2 :blush: which i still have about 2.5k of negative equity on.

which is nice! lol.

no finance experts around that know a way around it i suppose!? :teeth:

Right, see what you mean bud, the trade in would make the deal simpler as the whole package would take you out of the Citroen and get you into the zed. I am sure there are members on here with advice on this one.

Will leave it to some of the SE import owners to steer you along. If its any help, I have been there and now have a zed so best of luck with it. :D

You may be lucky if you can find a private seller who is keen to sell the zed and take a trade in, its works the other way too. ;)

Someody who had a zed and for whatever reason needed to get out of it quick. Its a long shot but times can get hard pretty quick sometimes. Have trwl through pistonheads. There are also plenty of dealers but as ever, some are better than others.

What Zed were you thinking of, will keep a look out. ;)

don't think you'll find an importer that will take your citroen off your hands to be honest. You'll only get shut of it by trading with a dealer who's already got one over here. I would try and sell privately if I were you or do what I did which is (sorry to bore you all again) took out a loan for the full Z amount but made sure it was one that I could make extra payments on with no penalty. Got an importer to find me a car, while I was waiting for it to arrive (12 weeks or so) I sold my existing car privately about 3 weeks before my Z arrived and paid that money off the new loan. It did mean I had to scrounge lifts etc for a few weeks to get to work though.