Badge changing

Nick U

Four days ago I finally got round to changing the badges I got from Chris at funkystyling. :D (Well worth it by the way)

I just wanted to mention how I got the old ones off as it only took me about 10 minutes to get both badges off, without scratching the paintwork.

I happened to come across a handy tool in my toolbox. I used what I can only decribe as a very thin (but quite strong) putty aplying piece of plastic.

7213361724.jpg

With this I was able to slide the thin plastic under the badges, and in a jabbing motion move the plastic round until it had slipped under at least half of the badge.

7213333986.jpg

I then simply lifted the plastic until I could grip the badges with my hand and gently pulled them off the car. :)

Although this was very simple it did leave some of the sticky stuff on the car once the badge had been removed.

To remove this I simply used my trusty plastic thing again to get underneath the sticky stuff at the same time pulling it up with my fingers. (Sorry probably easier to explain with pictures but the girlfriend had my camera!)

The new badges look fantastic, well worth IMO... :D

7213281079.jpg

7213302960.jpg

7213315110.jpg

7213310651.jpg

Hope this might help someone.....oneday......somewhere!!! ;)

Personally, I would add a cautionary note to anyone thinking of changing the badges. I got the ones from Courtesy Nissan last year, but I thought they looked very cheaply manufactured :thumbdown: and sold them on rather than fitting them. I believe there have also been cases of the replacement tarnishing and discolouring. Therefore after due consideration, I decided I'm not ashamed it's a Nissan, so why try to disguise it.

the new Z badges look very nice, far better than the nissan badges.

does the rear nissan badge leave any holes on the tailgate or is it just stuck on with adhesive? Id like to remove all the rear badges to have a smooth look

there's 2 holes behind it, so beware.

Personally, I would add a cautionary note to anyone thinking of changing the badges. I got the ones from Courtesy Nissan last year, but I thought they looked very cheaply manufactured :thumbdown: and sold them on rather than fitting them. I believe there have also been cases of the replacement tarnishing and discolouring. Therefore after due consideration, I decided I'm not ashamed it's a Nissan, so why try to disguise it.

I think quality is good on Courtesy badges.

There is however an issue with little spots of dirt popping up on it, seems like "oxidation" on metal, but they are plastic. IMO it's deposits of what falls with the rain. After a few months you need real elbow grease to get them cleaned properly again, but the dirt does shift!

Still recommend them :teeth: