AUX cable and Android

hummingman

Hi, just bought an '06 Zed and the previous owner has installed the Aux cable via the Tape in input.

He showed me this working on his iPhone, but I have tried 3 Android devices running from Android 5.1 up to 7.1 and none of them detect the Aux cable to provide output.

Has anyone had this problem or have any solutions?

Would really help as the CD player is buggered :(

Should work exactly the same. No difference as far as I know.

-Have you pressed the "Tape" button to activate it?

-Sure it's plugged in properly?

-Maybe the cable has gotten damaged?

-Turned the volume up?

Edited by Strudul

This is the 'official' thread for your issue.

http://www.350z-uk.c...pod-hack-guide/

As Strudel said the tape source needs to be selected in order for it to work, its simple aux connection so it should work with any input. There are a few other possibilities.

Depending on how the hack has been done you may or may not needs to have a blank tape playing at the same time for it to work.

Have you disconnected the battery? Every time you disconnect the battery you need perform the tape deck reset. Instructions are in the link above. if you don't do this it won't work. Turn the igntionon on and press teh tape eject button, if it makes a wiring noise for 15 seconds then you know it needs to be reset.

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 1

Depending on how the hack has been done you may or may not needs to have a blank tape playing at the same time for it to work.

Forgot that bit.

Either shove a blank / gutted tape in, or poke a pen in there to trick it into thinking it has a tape in (might wanna press eject first to make sure this hasn't been done already).

Edited by Strudul

I have got it to work, I needed to download an app to force the audio to play from the headphone jack.

From what I was reading, it wasn't detecting the aux cable due to the impedance levels (?).

Not sure why the iPhone didn't have this problem.