Sorting Out This Rubber Trim

Strudul

Just noticed I've got some rubber that's been shoved and trapped under something (not by me).

Looking down onto the near-side door above the wing mirror, there's rubber strip and it should look like this:

3CsWWd7.jpg

However mine looks like this:

wRqq6IV.jpg

Initially I thought I was missing the rubber strip, but it's actually just tucked underneath that piece of silver metal.

What would be the easiest way to get it out?

Do i need to remove the interior trim panel with the tweeter in? Does that require removing the whole door card?

Cheers

Strudul

Looks to me like the the whole front of the rubber trim has been pushed over the metal frame and the wing mirror not completely bolted back as the bottom of it doesn't run in line with the door at the front, looking at your last pic. The whole lot maybe even twisted ? So door card off job and tweeter plastic easy enough to do though. I Replaced the whole thing a few years ago.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/93910-shezzas-zed-time-story/page__st__40#entry1475470

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 1

I told you that's what you would need to do already, only takes 5mins to get the door card off. You should have it sorted in the morning before you get to mine, seems you get up the same time as old folks lol.

Was just checking if there was anything that might catch me out.

Sorted it Monday afternoon. Was a bit of a ballache, but is looking as it should once again.

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1