Steering wheel - audio controls retrofit

jaytt

Morning :)

My Zed has the cruise buttons on the right, but nothing on the left, and I know this was fitted to later models for audio/phone? controls...

so my question -

Is it an easy(ish) job to perhaps buy the left panel controls and retro-fit them per-se? (or even just change steering wheel for one with all controls)

Unsure if the looms want doing etc

Anyone done this - if its too much trouble I'll leave as is - I just like symmetry on my steering wheel :)

Cheers

Strudul... may very well do that, then I might scratch my car on the passenger side to mirror the scratch on the drivers side :) haha

Cheers Matt, I've googled a bit already, but may do it as a bit of project - can get a steering wheel with controls for about £50.

Not sure If I can just get the switch panel - keep me eye on fleabay and see....

If I do it I'll try and do a detailed write up - although Im sure most of the peeps on here will already have the newer models etc.

• Like 1

once the wheel is off taking them apart is pretty straight forward and same for putting the new controls in the wheel but under you gear stick / radio you should have a connector that they plug into (mines a jap model so i had to splice the wires, only 3 so was trial and error on what worked) but pretty simple job im sure i found a guide when i did it but cant find it now tho happy to help if i can tho