How to Replace the BOSE Head Unit

Lugger

Ok I am a total complete and utter novice when it comes to replacing my (skipping and annoying) Bose head unit so I need a few pointers and words of wisdom.

Is the Bose unit easy to remove and what tool do I need to do so? I assume with the right tool I can just slot it out and bin it, or burn it then bin it.

Do I then need to look for anything in particular in the replacement unit to be able to connect up the speakers, the subwoofer behind my seat and the steering wheel controls (all standard GT pack affairs)?

I will be looking to replace it with a USB-capable unit as I have my CD's ripped to my PC already. So single CD is fine, don't need anything particularly advanced. Still on a budget due to my impending wedding in May :scare: and my loft conversion which is proceeding well :yahoo:

Thanks all!

Some of the ICE gurus will tell you exactly but think you'll need a PAC thingy magig to allow connection to bose amp, you'll lose steering wheel control and phone connection I believe.

If going single DIN you'll need a headunit adaptor too.

IIRC it is a middle fascia out job, and then using a harness, PAC ROEM adaptor and a new head unit and fascia.

Costs are about £60 (ish) for the fascia, PAC and harness, plus whatever you want to spend on a head unit. :)