No power to aerial

Bazzardbmx

Just installed my new head unit (pioneer avh x3800 dab) using the buster mod guide on here. Works great, steering wheel functionality is all there and the volume is phenomenal compared to just the bose HU before.

Problem is that I have no radio signal. On the previous bose head unit I also had no radio signal which the previous owner informed me that it was a dodgy head unit and chucked in another bose head unit with the car "that he never got round to fitting"

There's some mystery wires behind the stereo (red and yellow ones with inline fuses and a separate earth) they seem to be spliced into the bose power on the loom and then seem to go to the under dash cigarette lighter. There's also a USB and ipod charger that were routed up into the cubby hole and a small kenwood switch for those chargers that was stuck to the side of the centre dash that also had a wire going to it.

Reason I'm mentioning these is that the aerial wire was taped up to these extra wires I haven't got back to the source of these extra wires yet as I've ran out of daylight and it's really cold.

Was really looking forward to a bit of DAB so I'm a bit gutted really.

If anyone can help with the aerial power issue that'd be awesome.

Car is a 2005 gt4

Many thanks

Alex

Problem solved. Turned out the spurious wiring led to a kenwood external media controller with ipod and usb wires. The aerial also ran into this (must've been a booster or something) so I removed the aerial where it connected to there after binning all the other stuff off and bobs your uncle

• Like 1