Clutch Sticking low Gears Hi Revs

Conlonl

Hi All

not a major problem at the moment, but ive noticed my clutch stick about half way up when i try and give the car a bit of beans in the lower gears, doesnt slip and gears change smoothly so confused as to what this might be, once i lay of the revs the clutch comes back up again straight away

Anyone else experienced anything similar or have any ideas what might be the problem?

Cheers guys

i have to do mine aswell so im trying to find out where it is, pre 07 models its external so you have the easier version, it is doable on jack and stands i would recommend a second set of hands around to help.

A bleed could fix it but i did the same thing and it didnt make a difference to mine so i have dissolved it down to the slave cylinder.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you have had this looked at yet but I recently acquired an 04-05 plate 350z with ~ 80,000 miles on the clock and had the same symptoms. The clutch pedal would often stick half way on the way back up, but this only happened once the car had been driven for a while. Getting into 2nd gear was also quite difficult.

Having searched the forum extensively I concluded that this was most likely due to the hydraulic fluid boiling in the line. It is located near the down pipe and the existing rubber line has a foil wrap on it, so Nissan obviously know this is a potential problem.

Old fluid has a lower boiling point and mine looked pretty dark so initially we changed the fluid with some cheap DOT 4 as a test, but this made very little difference.

We then inspected the slave cylinder and could see no obvious leaks so changed the clutch hose for a braided one, wrapped it in heat wrap and changed the fluid out for Motul RB600. Fluid is now virtually transparent, which is how it should be :)

The problem has not returned and the quality of the shift is night and day, although we did replace the transmission fluid at the same time so that probably helped.

Worth noting my car has High Flow Cats and that may have had an effect on the temperatures the clutch line is exposed to but I'm not sure.

Hope that's of some help.