Crankshaft Position Sensor Wiring

cs2000

Hi All,

Working on a mod, and a HOW-TO for the forum, what I'm fitting requires input from the "Crankshaft Position Sensor Positive" wire, from which this box of tricks can derive an RPM figure. As far as I can work out ii should be on pin #13 on the ECU plug. I have found this to be a green and red wire, but I'm getting no RPM signal derived off of this line.

Anyone that's done any wiring be able to tell me where I can pick up the signal sent from the Crankshaft sensor please?

I know I could get the car up and go external with my wiring, but there's no sensible route for that, and this info is being fed back to the ECU so it has to be there. Everywhere I look says pin 13, so unless mine is different...

I have checked I'm using pin 13 tens of times with the diagram, and verified continuity with a multimeter from my spliced in wire, to the pins on the connector block itself, so I don't think my wiring is at fault.

Ive seen this question asked before, on another site, but the topic got no replies, the OP solved the issue but its 8 years old now, so way to old to go and ask for help, plus he has been inactive for 4 years!

I am search of the pin number 13 crank position sensor,i have found what i believe is the correct pin slot ,but the wire is green with a red line ,can anyone confirm for me that i have the correct wire ,and if not please if you know what one i am looking for help please,

EDIT:

problem solved ,its blue and white,

This guy seems to have found the same wire as me, then decided it was a different one, however I cant see any blue and white wires in that area, and don't want to splice anymore than necessary!

Thanks for any replies

Edited by cs2000