Front suspension work

JoeSwin

Took my car down yesterday and was quoted £430 to replace tracks rods, end and compression arms. (LHS bush has completely dropped out now, and inner tyre wall wear suggests ball joints too, car for sale and want to give the buyer the best I can. Tracking is out and we cannot get The bolts free whatsoever) I knew they needed doing. But does this seem a reasonable price including parts & labour.

eoukd you say this price is good value?

Thanks for your help.

I'm guessing that price will be for none genuine compression arms as there £250 each alone without fitting. None genuine are about £170 for a pair off eBay etc. A quick look on eBay shows track rod ends can be had between £15 to £50 each for none genuine. So that just leaves labour which seems fair to me. Hopefully with a bit of heat and lube the bolts can be freed as there not cheap.

I once took my car to a garage and they managed to break a bolt and gave up on the others thank god so I ended up with a half aligned car and a random poorly fitting toe bolt and still charged me for the privilege. I then ended up going to the cougar store in Leicester where the bolt was replaced with the correct Nissan one and the all the other bolts freed with not much trouble before I had the alignment done.

Personally I take it to see Mitz at the cougar store in Leicester to have a look at it as he's very highly recommended.

Edited by SHEZZA

Thanks for your reply. It was for genuine track rods and ends, and I'm guessing non genuine arms. I did have the option to sully my own arms so might do that.

I'm a little tied up on where I can take it, unfortunately as I'm leaving the country in Monday and looking to get it done while I'm away