Kenwood DDX-4015DAB, anyone got one?

350_Jer

I will have to check the model of mine but it doesnt have DAB. Very similar to that one though and its brilliant. One feature I have not seen on any other unit is a split screen functionality so when you have the nav on you can split the screen in half and have your audio source on the other half which is handy as you dont need to keep changing source to switch tracks or radio stations.

The only issue I have is that it is very quiet but it was installed by the previous owner and dont think it is currently hooked up to the stock amp so that wont help.

Ah nice, thanks for the reply. That split screen feature sounds great! Yes I've seen one for sale that looks almost identical apart from the DAB, but thought it's worth getting one with it if I'm buying a new head unit.

My model is the DNX-4230BT.

Below are a couple of pics, the first is of the unit and the main menu to show you the similarity and the 2nd is of the split screen function:

20160814_143218_001_zpsoqr4r4iz.jpg

20160814_143207_zps4vl7h4bu.jpg

The split screen is really handy. If you tap the bar at the very bottom of the screen which shows the radio station or track if listening to a CD then it will switch to the audio source as full screen but the bar will change to show written instructions of your nav. Tap the bottom bar again and it switches to the nav full screen. Its from here that you get the split screen options on the right hand side.

If I were buying myself then I would probably shell out the extra for DAB but the model in your link doesnt seem to come with Nav as standard?? Looks like you need to download a Garmin app on your phone and then connect it to your head unit. I can only assume this then uses the data connection on your phone eating up your data plan if you drive alot of miles. My unit you can see has an SD card with the maps loaded on so uses no data connections and I can update them whenever I want.

Thanks for the pics, looks really good! Yes I'm sure the one I'm looking at doesn't come with the nav as standard, but I'm not really too worried as I usually just use Google maps on my phone if I'm going any where I'm not sure of. I'm not going to be doing loads of long journeys so should be fine :)