air compressor help!!

LDUNKZ18

does anyone know all there is to know about air compressors? i have ltsuk 270litre 3hp single phase air compressor..

just changed the oil and put a new belt on as it kept cutting out but its now doing it more often than before.. i think it could be an electrical issue. it will come on and work but after 30 seconds to maybe 2 minutes it will cut out and trip the reset switch. press the reset button and it works again then cuts out. i thought the old belt was slipping but it seems worse with the new belt.

any ideas what it could be?

It could be the capacitor, mine did the same thing. They get too hot and melt. It's a tubular thing about the size of the cardboard bit of a toilet roll. Mine was caused by running the compressor too much shot blasting.

Edited by leonk

It could be the capacitor, mine did the same thing. They get too hot and melt. It's a tubular thing about the size of the cardboard bit of a toilet roll. Mine was caused by running the compressor too much shot blasting.

yeah the more im reading online the more i think this is the issue it must be on its way out. i use it for spraying so gets used for 2 maybe 3 hours straight not a surprise its maybe fried it with the heat.