Clutch Pedal Squeak - 370Z Nismo

Zero:One

Hi All.

Took my Zed (which is my daily at the mo) in for a warranty investigation at Nissan Oxford on Friday to remedy an annoyingly squeaky clutch pedal. After reaching Approx. 1000miles, the first 10mm of travel was met with a slight squeak which was annoying but livable until I had time to look at it. However it got progressively worse over the next couple of hundred miles to the point that a mildly bumpy road would cause constant squeaking! :rant:

Anyway, Nissan had it Friday to have a look. It turned out the clutch pedal assembly was the issue so they tightened and lubed everything up & all is right with the world :teeth: (bar from an initial bit of squeaking for about a day but that seems to have bedded out now). They also said if it returns/persists then they'll look at replacing the assembly, however I hope it doesn't come to that because I can't bare the shame of driving a leaf (which was strangely quite fun to drive :wacko:) as a courtesy car again!

I'll update if anything more develops.

Mike

• Like 1

Hi All.

Took my Zed (which is my daily at the mo) in for a warranty investigation at Nissan Oxford on Friday to remedy an annoyingly squeaky clutch pedal. After reaching Approx. 1000miles, the first 10mm of travel was met with a slight squeak which was annoying but livable until I had time to look at it. However it got progressively worse over the next couple of hundred miles to the point that a mildly bumpy road would cause constant squeaking! :rant:

Anyway, Nissan had it Friday to have a look. It turned out the clutch pedal assembly was the issue so they tightened and lubed everything up & all is right with the world :teeth: (bar from an initial bit of squeaking for about a day but that seems to have bedded out now). They also said if it returns/persists then they'll look at replacing the assembly, however I hope it doesn't come to that because I can't bare the shame of driving a leaf (which was strangely quite fun to drive :wacko:) as a courtesy car again!

I'll update if anything more develops.

Mike

Mike - good to see it was resolved, I live down the road in Dorchester on Thames - let me know if there is anything I can ever do to help out... bought my MK1 Nismo from Oxford Nissan...

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, if I ever have any issues I'll be sure to give you a shout! I bought mine from Sandiciffe Nissan in Nottingham, was going to get it from Oxford but was given a better deal at Sandi.

Anyway the 370z needs to go back to Nissan, the squeaking has returned, annoyingly. Still need to book it in but will keep everyone updated.

Ciao for now

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

So dropped the Zed off at Nissan Wednesday for 'diagnostic' and they're rebooking it in for Wednesday next week. After speaking to Nissan head office they reckon that it's the bracket that holds the clutch pedal assembly to the bulkhead (although imho I doubt that is the issue. I think they're clutching at straws as to put off spending money). This is quite a big job apparently and is going to require removing a fair bit of the dash to get at said bracket.

Anyway will keep this thread updated. can't wait to see how well the dash gets put back in the car..... :headhurt:

Mike

• Like 1