What is this CEL code?

Banz

So my engine light came on when I was driving to supermarket. I was cruising at 30 mph when it lit up.

I done the foot pedal but I don't know the code as it doesn't flashes like what the instructions said. I'm not getting the 10 slow flashes before it gives the real code like what the instructions says.

This video is when I done the pedal dance. But didn't do it properly so I didn't release the pedal when it started blinking.

2nd video is when I gave up and just release the pedal and let it blink.

I did manage to clear the reset the ECU so the engine light is off. But I want to know what the problem was that caused it.

edit: I checked the engine oil, temperature and it was fine at the time when the light came up. Today was a bit hotter than normal and I'm hoping it was just because of that. The car drove fine.

Edited by Banz

It looks like you did the procedure properly. You get 10 slow flashes only if the thousands digit of the fault code is a zero.

From your second video it looks like you have at least 2 codes - P1147 and P1167. You need to let the flashing proceed long enough so the sequence repeats itself. That way you know you have seen all the codes.

Both your codes deal with the heated O2 sensors mounted in the catalytic converters. P1147 is for bank 1 and P1167 for bank 2. The codes indicate that these sensors are not reaching their required maximum output voltages.

• Like 1

Oh right, it didn't come across my mind that I might have more than 1 error code. I didn't wait until the sequence repeat itself.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get it checked out.

They are not normally used in normal operation/ or if there is a problem with the primary O2 sensors, but decats or non std exhausts can make them throw a fault code, i actually ram my car without them fitted, as i used an after-market wide-band lambda setup.

I see, so probably nothing to worry about. I think the forum member who sold me said the car e is using Invidia True Dual exhaust system, with Invidia Sports Cat's.

Yes the sports cats will do it, you can buy spacers that are supposed to eliminate the code by keeping the sensors cooler, sometime they work sometimes not, the sensors are there to monitor the condition of the cats, but like i said under normal circumstances the sensors are not used for fuel trim, unless something goes seriously wrong with the primary O2 sensors.