satellite Navigation

Paul K

My 2005 roadster has the factory sat nav. Now I know it's a bit rubbish compared to modern equivalents but I kind of like it

Anyway. Mine has the separate remote and to be honest it's a bit of a PITA. Has anyone changed the controls to the built in buttons version seen in the facelift and later models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rip it out and put a tablet in, or a sat nav, or replace the hopeless radio with a proper headunit with built in sat nav.

My HR has built in sat nav and it is a lot better than the one in the DE, but I still don't use it as the one on the head unit (or indeed google maps on the phone) is much better

I quite like it as well, that's why I'd like to keep it, If I need the level of detail like postcodes etc, I just use my phone.

I'm just getting fed up buying batteries for the remote...hence the possible cane to the built in buttons

I might be taking my redundant HR one out at some point, so you could probably fit that if you wanted to put the effort in (I have no idea if the loom is easily removable mind)

As for just fitting the buttons, I doubt you could.

I still think you're better off putting a proper sat nav head unit in.

I'm not sure if I want to do a full refit of the system. I just wondered if the little IR sensor plugged in somewhere and may be easily replaced by the button set that might have a also plugged in.

I'm happy to leave as it is. I was just curious to see if anyone had done it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paul K