Kenwood HU help

Steve3085

Right, I bought my new head unit, and the wiring kit with the steering controls. Installed it all, and have gone to set up the steering controls, and the radio goes into the set up screen, and does nothing... Doesn't give any commands on what to do next no matter how long I sit there.

Am I doing something wrong??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try limit ur fault to begin with. Set up the unit with the steering controls out. Make sure you have the lives round the correct. Easy way to tell is if your radio station save when you turn off ignition.

Then once you have the head unit fully operational then add the controls

Just having a quick look at the manual it says it goes to the setup screen on start up or reset so are you 100% positive you have the two live wires the correct way round. One is switch live and the other is constant live. This saves all ur settings and the likes.

If you have then I don't mean to sound patronising.

I'll have a bit more of a look through the manual and see if I see anything else

😂😂 yea I do bud, it's ok I don't take offence easy, specially when people are trying to help. ðŸ‘

I'd be the same, you don't know the person and have to break it down so it can't be misunderstood.

I've searched the manual, and the Internet.... Hence turning here. Looked for videos as well, no success...

Haha that's okay then.

Of what I can find its not much to be honest.

I'd try it but by bit really. Might just be a fault steering control module throwing the unit off or something.

Sorry I couldn't help but maybe someone else will come along and help out.

Next time you should buy pioneer though 😉

• Like 1

502ac87e8d3cd01792f7f2a76dbd6031.jpg

When I first turned it on, the steering remote controller wasn't accessible.... But the controls didn't work either.

So switched it off checked connections, nothing wrong turned it back on now I'm here.. And when I click set it gets to this...

96a6a3f8c31d3e54e445cec7a2bd9fce.jpg

Where it doesn't get any further...

Haha that's okay then.

Of what I can find its not much to be honest.

I'd try it but by bit really. Might just be a fault steering control module throwing the unit off or something.

Sorry I couldn't help but maybe someone else will come along and help out.

Next time you should buy pioneer though 😉

It's bizarre, the control unit is what I'm thinking

Thanks for your help thou.