exhaust rear silencer question

wilo

iv noticed on my 350 and most of the others i have seen that theres a large rear silencer that the twin tail pipes come from.

but recently iv noticed alot of modded 350s that dont have this.

my system is a milltek decat and I'm curious as to what benefit some aftermarket systems dont have this.

tbh i think the rear silencer is quite unsightly so is it possible buy this mod for my milltek ? or would it effect it negatively in regards to performance .

Most but not all systems without the back box are true dual so almost 2 separate systems running along side each other Japspeed K4, HKS etc, if you google those and look on images you'll see how they run down both sides, there are systems like the Japspeed K1 that are single then split into 2 at the back, fairly loud I've read on here, I would say that you would need a fair bit of work to get the same look if you have a milltek system , would probably need to get a custom job to add a split back section with either an inline silencer/resonator and some rear cans or just the cans depending on the noise levels your after.

I'm no expert but have been doing a lot of research on here and Google over the last few weeks so just really reporting back what I've seen, there are many different variations on the systems I mention above just picked those to illustrate as there are plenty of images about, I'm sure someone else will chip in and set me straight if I've misunderstood and possibly a trader who maybe able to point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps a bit

Edited by Zedrock
  • Like 1