350z 05 do all speakers run from the amp?

Scallywag

Hiya, just bought a 350 GT4, am slowly finding out the lil niggles & discovering more about its history. None of the rear speakers work, and the previous owner has run a new wore from the front speakers & soldered into the connected that goes into the head unit. So now has a direct connection to the front speakers that work.

I'm going to assume that he did that as an easy fix due to this possible common fault with the amp?

Just a quick question to help me diagnose pls. From the head unit to the amp.. Do all the car speakers then output from the amp, to the speakers? - so of that component has failed causing amp not to work, would that cause all the speakers to then not work? Are they all running from the amp next to the sub?

Would just like my rears and but in sub working lol.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

There are far more knowledgeable people on here than me, but from the bits I have gleaned it could be that the previous owner had an aftermarket head unit and wanted to wire in direct to the front speakers rather than using the amp as it needs 4V pre-outs from the headunit..

If you have the Bose system then yes, all the speakers run from the amp in the boot other than the sub, which I believe takes a signal from the other amp to the amp by it. The sub also seems to only run at full power when the fade is centered front to rear otherwise it fades down :-(

You can download the audio system wiring manual from the link below, if you select your year and then the AV.pdf will give you the right one, the fwd.pdf is the index page..

http://www.nicoclub....FSM/350Z/coupe/

hth.

Mark

Edited by MarkSt