P0300 Misfire woes

Pedro85

Hi guys

As a followup to my previous thread on injectors, i'm still having issues resolving a P0300 code.

So far i have replaced all of the injectors with known working parts from Alex, I have replaced all of the spark plugs and replaced the three coils on the passengers side.

I also cleaned the MAF sensor and after doing a live scan it seems to be working fine, on a cold startup it was sitting at about 7g/s which fell slowly as the car warmed up and the revs dropped.

Today i did some electrical testing on the coil pack and injector wiring. All of the coils were being supplied 11.7V and the injectors were 12V or slightly below with the ignition on.

Resistance testing of the coils themselves seemed to indicate that they are all fine. I'm not really sure what figures i'm looking for (i don't know what range the multi-meter was set to, i'm pretty clueless about electronics) but they all came out around the same, and since i know that at least some are working it would indicate that they all are.

When i changed the spark plugs i noted that the plug from cylinder four was heavily soiled with black carbon build-up, when i pulled the new plug today from cyl four it had started to go black again.

The car is still vibrating and sounds like a Subaru.

So far i think i can rule out:

Injectors

Coils

Wiring looms

Spark plugs

MAF

My next plan is to get myself a compression tester to see if there's something going wrong in cylinder four.

I've been speaking to Alex about it as I've been going but i'm sure hes a busy guy, don't want to spam him with messages every day.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Or comments on what I've done so far?

Thanks all

Edited by Pedro85

I pulled the passengers side cam sensor today, gave it a clean but it looked pretty good. No oil in the plug.

Reinstalled but no difference. Is there any way to test them to confirm 100% if they're working or not? I did a resistance check over the contacts which seemed to be fine.

I did notice on the end of the sensor there was a mark that looked like it had been attached to a sprue, kinda like you would get on a model aircraft part. I think its just a manufacturing mark but i'm not sure.

Cheers