Quick Q re. ISO harness please!

MrLee

Quick question as I'm about to attempt to put a new HU in on monday! On my harness, I don't have red/white audio connections for the back of the HU. Mine are white and grey (these are on the same loom as the ISO connector), green and purple (!). I've figured out that the unconnected blue/white lead is for the aeriel, and the black is for the earth (hopefully), so which RCA goes where:

image_zpsk1pe4sdo.jpeg

image_zpsdai4yie4.jpg

image_zps5ft3bjui.jpg

I couldn't find a guide which tells me this specific bit. Thanks all!

AH! Found it! Left-Rear Green, Left-Front White, Right-Front Grey, Right-Rear Purple... I'm not technical enough to understand where the subwoofer draws from, but hey. I have a feeling I'm going to need to do the Buster mod though. That's if I can get the HU powered up. Fingers crossed... Clearly still new to all this (despite having owned for 3 years...) :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good old iPhone 6S! I think the HDR setting was on... I do have another question. The earth lead actually goes into the ISO connector, I don't have an end to connect to the chassis. Is this a problem? I have one with the loop connector from my doner ISO harness I could use if needed... I'll put some pics up this evening.

I personally would wire and extra earth to the bulkhead if the unit does not fire up with the ISO harness as is.

the subwoofer will draw its signal from the speaker leads so you won't need to connect anything to the aftermarket SW output (if your Zed has retained all OEM wiring that is)

Cheers. I'm waiting for some heatshrink to do the Buster mod, I can't be dealing with low output! So basically, when I'm done, plug it all in (no other wiring changes, I'm removing the crappy Bose HU as it's now refusing to change preset stations!) and if it doesn't work, earth to bulkhead? I'd need to understand where this earth should come from as the only black wire there is is between the connector blocks at the moment.

OK, so here's my earth dilemma. The black chassis ground wire goes between the connectors. Now, will this work (I'm no electrical expert, I have NO idea if my amateur soldering efforts are going to work... hence leaving more wire in case I have to resort to those connector blocks!)? Or am I better off snipping it off from the white connector and utilising the longer wire with the eyelet from the doner harness to connect it to the chassis via one of the bolts?

thumbnail_IMG_3032.jpg_zpscwtemhwb.jpeg

Anyone? Looking at the guides on here, the earth wire seems to be from the black ISO connector to an eyelet, not what I currently have. Can I just pull the earth wire out of the white connector, splice it to a longer wire with an eyelet on and that's the job done?