gasket and re-map

tonman83

Hi All,

I just thought I would ask the experts as I am very new to zed ownership!

My newly acquired zed has a little work done under the bonnet. Its got a thicker gasket on the overhead air intake and re-map. A hp read out of like 305 or close.

I'm not too worried about it but is there anything I should look out for?

This sounds like a plenum spacer. If so I wouldn't worry.

I don't think this is in the correct place either as it doesn't sound like you have FI based on the power fig you quoted.

Edited by Mike_89

Sounds like you're on about a "plenum spacer" and UpRev (remap).

What do you mean to look out for? Like problems?

Just treat it like any normal car imo. Keep up to date with all the normal servicing, check the oil regularly (every week imo) and keep an eye on all the other fluids too. ;)

Service schedule here: http://www.350z-uk.c...ule-for-a-350z/

Thread moved btw as Mike mentioned this is not FI related. :thumbs:

Thanks guys,

Yes, I mean things to look out for. I guessed this is what you might say.

Sorry to post this in the wrong place. What do you mean by not FI related?

Do I move this or a moderator?

Thanks guys,

As GM mentioned check fluids on a regular basis.

Keep a listen or an eye on anything out of the ordinary, and in the unlikely event you spot something, search the symptoms on here. You will likely come across people who have similar issues with their zeds and have solutions.

FI is forced induction.

Edited by Mike_89

Thanks guys,

Don't worry about it and I've already moved the thread as you've probably noticed by now. :D

Generally the biggest thing to keep an eye on (imo) with any vehicle is the oil level closely followed by the other fluids like coolant, brake fluid then clutch fluid. Obviously you should also keep an eye on pulley belt conditions (look for cracking/fraying), tyre pressures, tyre tread depths, brake pads, discs etc etc but regarding the engine condition it is always oil level/condition first for me.

I'm guessing your Zed is a DE engined variant from what you've said so far (2002-2007 est) and 305Bhp is a pretty healthy power level if it's only got a plenum spacer on it & the UpRev (remap). Has it got an exhaust system on it just out of interest.

Where was it mapped? Should say on the dyno print.

Either way if you do get any problems with the Zed then chances are somebody on here has already been through it & fixed it before so try a search for the answers first before posting any new "help" threads, ...but if you still find you need help or answers then by all means post a thread to see if anyone can help. ;)

More 350Z info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_350Z

Top 100 FAQs: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/24796-top-100-faqs-must-read-wip/

Nissan 350Z history: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77967-nissan-350z-history-including-upgrades/

:thumbs:

• Like 3

Thanks GMballistic,

Yes you are right on everything there. It's a DE engine with plenum spacer and uprev remap. Completed by Horsham developments in early 2014. They did the Dyno which read 303.1hp in red, 272.2hp in green.

Its got a scorpion exhaust and japspeed decats.

Thanks for those links and your thoughts, very helpful.

Thanks GMballistic,

Yes you are right on everything there. It's a DE engine with plenum spacer and uprev remap. Completed by Horsham developments in early 2014. They did the Dyno which read 303.1hp in red, 272.2hp in green.

Its got a scorpion exhaust and japspeed decats.

Thanks for those links and your thoughts, very helpful.

No problem at all and you're welcome.

Had my old Zed up at Horsham a few times & they really know their stuff. Green line is your before and red line is your after and in case you're wondering that'll be the power level at your flywheel.

Also I'm not sure how long you've had your Zed but I'm guessing you haven't needed to get it MOT'd as yet? Just fyi with the De-Cats fitted it will fail the MOT emissions tests unfortunately.

After I had my 350 supercharged I ran De-cats, so to pass the MOT emissions test you will either need to have a "friendly" MOT guy or you will need to refit the original Cats to pass. It's not a big deal really but just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't realise. ;)