Spotted at the 'ring

jjdugen

Hi Terrance....... You lucky Bas**rd!

Have to say the ring on Sunday was too busy to get a good run.... Not that I'm ever going to worry the regulars! Monday was a little quieter, but two guys in tricked up 370's passed me like I was going backwards... as did most everybody else! Mines a completely standard 06 rev up with mid price Continentals fitted. For the life of me there was no way I could get it to break away, or even squeal the tyres. A 12 minute lap is pretty good for me, got it down into the mid elevens.... then the brakes started cooking. Did all that, cruised back up the autobahn at a steady 100, 30 mpg! Great long weekend, wish I had more disposable income!

Mid eleven is roughly the average,nothing to be ashamed of.Sounds a like you are using your brakes a little too much though.Correct usage should quite easily see you lapping under ten with the amount of grunt (lots of time can be made up from Bergwerk all the way to Höhe Acht.)for example an RS Twingo will do under ten if you talk to it nicely.

Hi Terrance.

I really don't go often enough to know the correct lines, as well as watching my rear view mirror like a hawk. I know there's so much more in the Z than I am capable of, but I always have getting home in one piece at the back of my mind. BTW, the 'rings getting a bit pricey these days.........

Main thing is that you obviously enjoy it and it is only open so the public can have FUN here.Far too many people take it much too seriously,they just have to prove they are the fastest drivers on earth.Many of those types are probably still paying for their efforts.

Drive it,drive home car still in one bit-job done.

I was also there this weekend, noticed P100 SPA, and a french registered DE engine.

Mine was there saturday. Slave cylinder failed queuing off to get out after the first lap. Great fun, but after that for the whole weekend til we came back Monday it was passenger rides in my mate's M3. :-(

jjdugen were you in the black HR with the exhaust mod, splitters and private plate?

Hi Lanky

I'm in the gunmetal '06. Nothing fancy at all, haven't quite got into the bling thing, bad enough paying for tyres, servicing, banana arms..... oh, and more tyres when a bloody great bolt decided to take up residence in my new front!

Did you see the Saturday touring car event? Some Z's in that, too, sounding truly magnificent. Lots of other interesting stuff out on track, and a few returning a bit mashed up on the back of the recovery truck!

'

I saw another Black HR,think it was on Dutch plates,did sound nice as well!

I was pretty busy,arranging rentals and Instructing,so wasn't exactly free.

Saturday TF is usually very busy,I much prefer teus/wed evening sessions,much less traffic;)

Who was in the other black car that found out how hard the armco is?No one here I hope.Looked to have front and rear suspension damage as well as heay panel damage.

Edited by Terence Bower