Carbon fibre Top secret rear diffuser

Darkside

Well guys and girls, my cf Top Secret rear undertray/diffuser has been delivered today and in the morning, I'm off to Olly Owens in Haywards Heath to have it fitted so should have some nice pics tomorrow for you. Have waited for ages for this so I'm really looking forward to seeing it on!

:dance:

• Like 3

I have the same one. Again from grams. Quality ok. Just takes some fitting. But once on looks amazeballs in my opinion. The best of the rear Diffuser.

Good luck with it mate. Ul love it.

Cheers bud, you got a pic of yours?

Good build thread, diffuser looks good. I've gone for the vortex ends rather than the spats so a little different. What were the problems with the fitment, what did you have to do to get a good fit?

• Like 1

IMG_20160320_153557692_HDR.jpg

Here she is, with her new rear end! 3 hours or problems to overcome but finally fitted.

Unwrapped the well packaged box only to discover, no instructions or nuts and bolts! So how difficult could it be. Well, I was with Olly from Owens garage in Haywards Heath (real Nissan nut with a pulsar and 2 x Skylines) and actually not that difficult really.

It all started OK until we found that my right Borla exhaust tip was too low and offset! So out came the cutters and chopped it off!!! Repositioned, we found that the tip was shorter than the left one (sticking out over 10mm shorter) so out came the cutters and chopped it off!!! Olly made up a short length of pipe and welded it on. Now to start again.

We offered it back up and tried to work out how the fixing brackets went on. After a few minutes of scratching our heads we decided we would have a jaffa cake and think some more!

3 packets later, we decided to go for it (hoping for my bumpers sake we had it right). Drill came out with marker pen and holes appeared! Bolts were then put into place and so it began, we were on a roll!

As it was taking shape , several passers by and other customers stopped to study this masterpiece and all commented how good she looked. Made me feel really good as I'd been hoping this would look the nuts!

Finally the last bolt went on and she was done. All that waiting, hours of installation, but finally complete.

I hope you all think it makes a lovely addition to her backside.

am I right in saying it wont fit with a Japspeed k1 backbox guys?

There is a fair amount of room so don't see why it shouldn't although it might be quite tight depending on how far out the boxes sit.

Edited by Darkside