Baby seat in 370Z!

g60luke

Hey all...

Anyone put a babies child seat in the Zed?

I have read that the airbag is only active if there is enough weight in the seat.

Manual says rear facing seat can't be used if airbag active. But if light on dash is on it indicates that the airbag is disabled...

Anyone got any experience with this please?!

Cheers

Luke

I'd just hold out til you can use a forward facing seat.

Rear facing seats and airbags are suicide.

Time will fly by and you can take your toddler for a zed cruise in a forward facing seat then.

Used to use a forward facing seat when kids were old enough.

People would scowl at me when parking in parent bays only to be put in their place as I plucked my sprog from the passenger side :lol:

My kids love rides in the zed.

Daughter used to always want me to rev it "make it roar like a lion daddy!"

Not sure if anyone has disabled the passenger air bags and bypassed them with a suitable resistor.

• Like 2

I'm guessing they haven't fitted a disable because they don't want you to do it.

Just as an indication i had a bag of shopping on the passenger seat the other day and the seatbelt not worn buzzer was going off so guessing the weight isn't that much to activate it

I'm guessing they haven't fitted a disable because they don't want you to do it.

Just as an indication i had a bag of shopping on the passenger seat the other day and the seatbelt not worn buzzer was going off so guessing the weight isn't that much to activate it

Yeah think it's sensitive to weight.

Coming to the conclusion it's not really viable