Bloody BOSE, sorry Clarion

kennyc

CD's stuck in the changer, car out of warranty (2004 GT model). So it was sent of for "repair" only to be told they can't repair it but instead they get a factory refurbished unit at a cost of £250+VAT plus £58 for just looking at it :angry:

Can anyone confirm the model number of the unit is Clarion PP2596L?

I don't really want to lose the functionality of the BT phone unit or the steering wheel controls but if I go for an after market unit that's going to happen right? :help:

CD's stuck in the changer, car out of warranty (2004 GT model). So it was sent of for "repair" only to be told they can't repair it but instead they get a factory refurbished unit at a cost of £250+VAT plus £58 for just looking at it :angry:

I don't really want to lose the functionality of the BT phone unit or the steering wheel controls but if I go for an after market unit that's going to happen right? :help:

It's not certain you will lose the steering wheel controls. I would say that for a little more than that you could get yourself and Alpine unit that also has bluetooth phone kit, and the Sound Gallery are working on getting the steering wheel controls to work for me..... ;)

It's not certain you will lose the steering wheel controls. I would say that for a little more than that you could get yourself and Alpine unit that also has bluetooth phone kit, and the Sound Gallery are working on getting the steering wheel controls to work for me..... ;)

Hmmm High Wycombe, not too far. Can you let me know how you get on with it? I might take the car to them and see what they can do with a different head unit.

Cheers,

Kenny

Hmmm High Wycombe, not too far. Can you let me know how you get on with it? I might take the car to them and see what they can do with a different head unit.

Cheers,

Kenny

Will do - they've done a few before, and I will be trying it with an Alpine headunit.