Suspect nsr wheel bearing

JwBye19

I get this rattling noise going over rough Tarmac/concrete. Also getting a quiet whining noise from that corner, especially when it's cold/ until it warms up. It was noted on my last 2 mots that there is slight play in it, I had a look last night, and for the life of me can't find any movement. Anyone else had this problem?

if you're bearing has gone, it won't make any difference if it's warmed up or not. if it's gone, it's gone. Best thing to do is jack the car up, take the wheel off and spin the hub via the disc. It should be dead silent. if not, it's knackered.

Surely you'll get the noise of the diff? Driving home tonight I was getting a quiet whistle, again increasing in sound with speed. I get a lot of road noise from my tyres so finding something is hard, I do also have a rattle in the same corner, done the drop links, that's why I thought it could be the bearing, unless there is other known faults on the rear end suspension? Looked all over the forum and found nothing which relates 😩

if you're bearing has gone, it won't make any difference if it's warmed up or not. if it's gone, it's gone. Best thing to do is jack the car up, take the wheel off and spin the hub via the disc. It should be dead silent. if not, it's knackered.

Surely you'll get the noise of the diff? Driving home tonight I was getting a quiet whistle, again increasing in sound with speed. I get a lot of road noise from my tyres so finding something is hard, I do also have a rattle in the same corner, done the drop links, that's why I thought it could be the bearing, unless there is other known faults on the rear end suspension? Looked all over the forum and found nothing which relates ������

Sorry!, i thought it was the front. forget what i said. Edited by Rock_Steady