Sensors? - Changing my own exhaust, a few Q's.

Rook

Apologies if this has been posted already but I couldn't find anything in the search!

I have a new exhaust (mid pipe and backbox) coming shortly and I'd like to fit it myself. I'm handy with tools, understand how to not break things, and am pretty used to tweaking, fixing and changing things on the Z now.

I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that there's at least one sensor on the exhaust system, my questions are simply:

1. Are there any on the two sections I'll be changing?

2. Otherwise, is this as straightforward a job as it seems? Any tips for DIY exhaust changes?

3. My car's an 07 and 100k miles, so the undercarriage probably isn't in the best condition, are there any surprise things I'm going to need to account for? Stiff bolts, cracked gaskets etc?

4. I know the car adapts on its own somewhat, but I imagine only to a very small degree. The flow of this exhaust compared to the existing back box is going to be very much improved, but am I right in thinking that the car's 'mapping' will adjust such no performance improvements are made? I read somewhere that it'll read the easier flow as a 'problem' and correct for it - I'm not going to lose performance, am I?

Thanks!

Edited by Rook

You will be fine changing mid pipe and backbox, sensors are in the cats so not applicable to you. It will probably be a bi#ch to remove the old one and it will run fine after its fitted as long as there are no leaks anywhere.