AutoPumpkin Android headunit

Has

I'm not sure if this is a good idea but I'm still doing some research.

http://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/pumpkin-universal-gps-car-dvd-7-inch-android-4-4-quad-core-supporting-mirror-link-3g-wifi-bluetooth-obd-dvr.html

I'm looking at maybe buying one of these generic Android headunits. The main reason being I have a Nexus 6p which means it's not possible to use Pioneers appradio without going through the whole Chromecast/tasker way. (The Nexus 6p doesn't allow HDMI out from its USB-C port)

My next solution to using waze/spotify etc is one of these headunits. Firstly, would connecting this to my existing factory speakers work okay? I have pre-facelift BOSE atm.

Also does anyone have any experience with these? I'm not looking to spend much more than £300 but want the ability to use satnav etc in the car.

Some have WiFi built in so I can tether my phones Internet to it or buy a mobile wifi hotspot.

Edited by Has

I have been using these generic units for a few years now in varying cars, probably had 4 or 5 and not had one fail on me yet. I used to be very much into ice but for the money I think these are excellent and unbeatable. I mostly use external amps and decent speakers so sound quality is good, but in my dailies I just use the internal amplifier/speaker outputs and still good. They are a little clunky in their operation, for example switching to sat nav takes a few seconds to load but for the costs I can live with that. I just bought one for my latest 350 and it cost £125, bluetooth, sat nav, dvd, cd, ipod, sd card, wifi, usb, graphic equaliser etc etc I did buy a android one which is now in my daily as function on ipod was a bit poor, I.e no shuffle just up and down through the tracks.

P.s most of the android units do not have gps installed so you will have to download a relevant app and possible costs for voice guidance etc

Edited by Jetpilot

Jetpilot - In terms of setup from scratch, what would I need? They come with a generic ISO adapter so I'm guessing they wouldn't be a straight plug and play into my BOSE system? Also would I just need the standard double din Fascia.

Graygranite- sounds good, got a link to it?

You need a Bose interface patch lead (if you have the Bose system) and there's 2 kinds, one for if you also have steering wheel controls and err one if you don't. You also need a 350Z Bose wiring diagram. It's easier than it first looks but can be a bit daunting when you see the pile of wiring you have to deal with :lol: