1st Post

Welcome Paul.

I've gone the other way and gone from a Zed to a 530i touring.

Is your chipped as did think about the 535d with remapping being quicker than the Zed. But in the end just too worried about turbo blow ups of the 120/320/520 d's to go that way.

The Zed is one of the best cars for the money.

As for the VX220 just to lightweight......(forgive the pun) should have got as 7 as much more fun and you would still have it.

Bloody Hell... Cheers guys .. You go away from home for a few days and there are loads of replies..:teeth:

The VX was fun but it tended to stay in the garage untill the sun came out.. As for the oil burner it's no slouch in standard form. As per the highly scienfific Stig lap times its there with some respectable cars including the old "no bulge" engined 350z

51 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo 1.31.3

52 Honda NSX Type-R 1.31.6

53 BMW 535d 1.31.8

54 Mazda RX8 1.31.8

55 Nissan 350Z 1.31.8

As Im aware its not chipped but seemed quicker than the 335d coupe that I tested a while back.

Ater my initial thoughts of saying farewell to the barge and getting a 320d (older shape) for work stuff and a uk 350z.

I'm now looking into with importing two 350z's from Japan (maybe a tin and soft top) in a rolling fashion. Putting a few thousand miles on one and selling it locally. Then while I'm driving one, another will be comming from Japan etc etc.

I'm pretty sure it would be near free motoring and I'll have a fun car all the time. I do about 30k miles a year back and forth on the motorways.

I'll be "searching" for peoples views/opionions/recomendations on the various companies out there that can do this.

Any idea if my hairbrained idea might work?

With the second hand car market the way it is - ie almost dead - I wowuld say it is risky. It may work.

Steve - with your avatar, have you got yourself a 318 that claims to have M tech or whatever it is!? :p;)

ahh great stuff... I know nothing about the second hand car market so ta for the info

I'm now looking into with importing two 350z's from Japan (maybe a tin and soft top) in a rolling fashion. Putting a few thousand miles on one and selling it locally. Then while I'm driving one, another will be comming from Japan etc etc.

I'm pretty sure it would be near free motoring and I'll have a fun car all the time. I do about 30k miles a year back and forth on the motorways.

I'll be "searching" for peoples views/opionions/recomendations on the various companies out there that can do this.

Any idea if my hairbrained idea might work?

Hi Mate. Welcome to the forum.

If you're serious about buying direct from Japan, I can help. I've imported a few Zed's up to now, so pm me for more info.

Cheers.