Nissan dealer 350z engine oil type?

jujun

Hi guys I wanna know what engine oil Nissan dealers use on our engines (de)? Need to get the needed emergency oils from Asda. Mines the revup model and I've noticed the engine oil pressure gauge is always on 1/4 and then half way when I'm accelerating. The garage I bought the car from say they've serviced it from Nissan which I doubt, as the oil is already mucky and the dipstick doesn't show an accurate reading (done 430 miles since purchase)

Bought some fuch titan 5w30 from opieoils but doesn't arrive in a few days time and plus the 350z is my daily... Thanks and happy new year in advance!!

5w30 is fine but not from asda unless it's a real emergency! The dipstick is awkward on the de , best left over night on level ground to get a real reading then check it a few times. Oil level on these engines is very important, don't run them low! :)

I wouldn't worry too much about oil if you just need to top up, most modern oils are well up to spec, even the cheap ones as long as its the correct grade, but being a rev up if you find it smokes a bit when you change the oil to 10w 30, then fill with 10w40, as some rev ups tend to burn oil, and some fully synth oils don't help the condition.

But as said don't let it run low.