Odd issue. Engine / tranny mount?

maverick

Hi everyone,

Got an interesting issue with my '55 GT (DE engine)

When coming off the throttle (engine braking) and occasionally when applying the throttle afterwards the car jerks/bounces two or three times. I can 'cancel' the bouncing by disengaging the clutch. Looking at the tachometer I can see the revs drop (when letting off the throttle, as it should) before stopping for half a second, then dropping a few hundred again, then stopping, then dropping. Instead of a smooth engine brake, its a bouncy ride down the tach

Acceleration is fine. No issues climbing the revs, no issues idling. MAF was cleaned then replaced for a new one (thought I didn't clean it right) and the throttle has been cleaned and then replaced for a much lower-mileage used one (thought I'd buggered the original one when cleaning the valve)

The jerking is most obvious in gears 1-2 and lessens the closer to 6th I get, when I can't feel it at all. Temperature doesn't affect it - happens from when I start the car cold in the morning to when I arrive at work 20 miles later after some city and motorway driving

After some research I believe it could be either the engine or transmission mounts. Do the symptoms sound similar to anyone on here with more experience of the car and its drivetrain?

Brief history; owned the car for a year, been through two full services (all fluids changed - engine, clutch, brake and transmission) and one minor service (engine) over the 15k miles I've done with it

Only mods are a pop charger, plenum spacer and Whiteline diff inserts (not the full replacement bushes). The issue has appeared over the last 3-4 months (mods were installed shortly after I bought the car 12 months ago)

Any advise or theories are appreciated. Not completely enjoying the car at the moment as I do a lot of town driving and I'm bouncing all over the place whenever I take my foot off or on to the 'go' pedal. The slip road onto the motorway is still good fun though! :)