fitting audio controls to jdm model without it

matt3579

ok so here goes i brought a set of audio and cruise control buttons for the steering wheel and fitted them fairly straight forward on 1 plug and then im guessing the earth wire on the spade connector

so fitted them no trouble then couple days brought a patch lead for my pioneer head unit plugged all the wires in but they dont work

had a fiddle still couldnt get it work so put the standard head unit in and they still dont work with that

any ideas anyone as to why they dont work or is there a plug im missing somewhere

any help or advice would be great thanks

matt

Sorry I cant be much more help but have a search around for stereo wiring plugs/schematic and it will indentify the connectors and respective wires and what they do, speaker, power wires etc and then see what you have. There may well a couple of wires tucked away on the loom.

ive checked all the wires stereo all works and has full sound just the audio buttons on the steerign wheel dont work there is a 3rd plug but it seems to be attached to the pioneer part of the harness as opose to the nissian fitting bit but will double check anyway