ST170 or TDCi??

H5

Hi all, as many of you may know, the Elise has had it's fair share of bad luck, and despite it being an amazing drive I am going to put it up for sale in the near future.

Discussions with the lady have resulted in her wanting something a bit more practical, and after my Focus I had a few years ago, I can't think of anything else that size that handles as well and is as easy to live with. Plus, I quite like the styling of it.

Question is, should it be the ST170 or the TDCi (whatever that kicks out, am guessing about 140bhp)??

The one I had last time was a special edition 1.6 with leather and other gumph, and to be fair it was quite a rev happy little lump that was good fun. Anyone got experience of the ST170 or TDCi?

Yeah, the gearing is meant to be soo long that it cant use is extra power efficiently. Id guess the tdci would just be as quick as well as being better on fuel. I do like the looks of the 170 but you can get the tdci in a similar kit. The 170 will need to be revved alot to make progress were the tdci will have alot of midrange grunt which i would presume will be better for the wife.

I can get Ford staff discount on a new one, but I don't see the point when you can buy 3 yr old ST170's or TDCi's for £6.5k!!

I think it sounds like having to drive the both of them to see. Anyone else on here owned either before??

Cheers for your help so far guys. :thumbs: