350Z Gearbox

Mikey Thompson

Search of the forums didn't return anything concrete.

Few questions regarding my 'box on an '04 GT. A couple of month ago it developed the dreaded crunch from 4th to 5th (this can be avoided by shifting slower).

Now the cold weather has set in, it is really difficult to get it into first when pulling up at junctions. Could this be another problem or is it just down to cold weather? Any fixes for this?

I have found a 'box for sale and hoping it's the CD009 but it is stamped with 'CD5 #1', does any body have any idea what box this is? It is on an '07 car at the minute.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Mikey Thompson

Have you tried changing the oil and adding some molyslip to your current box? For the cost involved id always try this first.

Have already done this around 3-4 month ago and wasn't much difference I'm afraid.

Clark Motorsport have a box available should you require one, I had the engine to it. :)

What year Zed was it from?

2004 I think buddy . Contact Ewen, I spoke with him earlier this morning and mentioned you were looking. He's a great guy and very helpful.

Appreciate that mate, I'll get in touch with him soon.

Ideally that's last case scenario however, if there's a fix without swapping boxes that would be ideal! Also the worry of buying another '04 box, could put it in and develop the problem within another few thousand miles

How longs a piece of string Mikey? My gearbox has been crunching 1st>2nd since I picked it up over a year ago, it hasn't developed any further, I just adapt my driving style to suit (while shifting leave it a second in neutral to let the revs drop before engaging 2nd for example / or shift 1st>3rd to avoid).

Just carry on until something breaks, Its a common issue.

Edited by Sargara

Hey, I have this problem with my Z (crunching between 1st>2nd). Its a 57 plate, only 21k on the clock, and started about a month ago. It doesn't happen every time, but isn't something I expected with such low miles. I'll try leaving it in neutral and dropping the revs, but would probably spend some money on it to get it sorted if possible.