Trip to Thessaloniki Greece January 2016

Thanos

Hello everyone,this January my brother will fly to London stay a few days and then we ll drive to Greece!

What checks you recon needs to be done before?

Any ''special'' routes?

Can t wait for it!

Thanks in advance guys!!! :teeth: :teeth: :yahoo:

Which way down, you can go down east or west side of the adriatic, as for central Europe, all the alp passes will be closed so it'll be valleys and tunnel running all the way. Not all bad then! ;)

If it was me I'd go down through France, follow the Rivera coast into Italy, quick stop at lambo or ferrari factory, down through tuscany and umbria to the east coast and ferry across to Greece from Brindisi. Worked in Greece a few years ago and seriously considered this route as i loved lots of the roads down there. Whichever way you go, enjoy the trip and share some photos.

Edited by 350zroadsterGT
  • Like 1

My partner and I just got back from a holiday in Greece and we flew in to Thessaloniki. It's a beautiful place, I can't rely comment on routs other than the one from the airport to the hotel though! How long are you planning on making the trip?

• Like 1

Which way down, you can go down east or west side of the adriatic, as for central Europe, all the alp passes will be closed so it'll be valleys and tunnel running all the way. Not all bad then! ;)

If it was me I'd go down through France, follow the Rivera coast into Italy, quick stop at lambo or ferrari factory, down through tuscany and umbria to the east coast and ferry across to Greece from Brindisi. Worked in Greece a few years ago and seriously considered this route as i loved lots of the roads down there. Whichever way you go, enjoy the trip and share some photos.

A stop by at Ferrari is a must i think!That s the route i had on my mind, through France but don t want to miss Autobahn,{no limits}..Thanks a lot anyway.. :D

• Like 1

My partner and I just got back from a holiday in Greece and we flew in to Thessaloniki. It's a beautiful place, I can't rely comment on routs other than the one from the airport to the hotel though! How long are you planning on making the trip?

I am from Thessaloniki so i know most of the roads and places there..Hope you enjoyed Greece..

Cheers :D :D

The thought did occur to me that perhaps all the "migrants" fleeing northwards to a better life might not appreciate a couple of boys on a jolly in a sports car flying by going the other way. But then they'll probably be huddled around campfires under the bridges you're driving over and won't hotice.

Edited by yankeesiter

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...