MI Light (bummer) and Tech Query...

Kuro

Folks :)

Had my second MI light last week in 3 years of Zed ownership - bummer. (they do send a shiver down your spine don't they!) It was the solid (not flashing) type so I drove home really carefully, knowing that some sensor somewhere was probably the culprit...

Anyhoo, got it diagnosed as being both rear 02 sensors on Thursday - strangely that's what my first MI light came on for about 18 months ago :dry:

Ah well, should be able to get both replaced next week, until then I'm driving extra steadily B)

The £499 extended warranty until March 2009 is starting to look like a good call :)

Does anyone know how much these things are? And how many are there on the car..?

Thanks all :)

K

The Z has 4 O2 sensors; two on each side, one in front of the cat (sensor 1), the other after (sensor 2).

Not sure what the cost is for a stock sensor. A wideband sensor is about $200, so the stock has to be a little cheaper -- I've got an extra O2 sensor on my Z.