Side skirt fitting

Tomb

Hello all

I have my rep V2 kit on its way :) good times.

Now Ive started reading up on fitting, the front bumper is easy enough and I'm happy with, but these side skirts are different to OEM if the guide I'm looking at is correct.

The guide stated the bumper is help in place with a combination Of bolts and pop rivets. Once these are removed it's just a case of unpoping all the clips and removing the skirt.

The new nismo sides have the holes ready to be drilled along the bottom, fine all good. But there're nismo reps don't seem to have the pop clips(or any mounting for them) that the OEM skirt has. Instead it has groves in the sill where I'm assuming you drill through and then use some sort of plastic rivet to hold them in place?

Can anyone confirm this for me, and if I'm correct can someone point me in the right direction and give me sizes for the plastic rivets.

Tom.

Don't quote me on this but on most GRP skirts they screw or pop rivet them on but when you take the old ones off, on the rear quarter panel are three white clips which are male I think. Drill the corresponding holes out on the return part of the skirt to accept the clips. If you can't do it this way the screw what you can and use sikaflex on the rear quarter panel section

• 2 weeks later...

Im planning on using the bolts on the under side, pop rivets on the door shuts and a few blobs of Fibrafill on the rear. That way you can unscrew it, drill out the pop rivets and pop snap the fibrafill, so the whole skirt can be removed. Ill keep you posted.