Exhaust/Cats/Backpressure

CJRamze

Evening All.

I purchased my Ark exhaust and at the same time I purchased some Cats from a member on here who owned a 370Z

I've the HR so they fitted which is tidy, Now when I fitted them the first thing I noticed was this 'Whistle' when coming off throttle at a certain rev range, This whistle would stop when it sounded like there was a burble of released pressure in the exhaust.

This also ties in with when the car is decelerating it will drop to a certain point say 2800rpm then it will suddenly go alot slower down the revs to say 2000rpm whilst it whistles and then once its at 2000rpm you'll hear a small burble/pop and the revs drop at a normal pace again.

If your actually driving around and you give it a bit of beans up to say 4000rpm and let it decline rpms under its own load it hits that range of around 2800rpm, jolts a little as if you've applied the throttle but it still declines and then when the pressure releases it jolts again.

Safe to say its not very comfortable.

They are CNT... ERZ cats? I always get it wrong

The day of fitting the EML light came on instantly and once you clear it as soon as you start the car you get about 0.5 seconds before it comes on again.

Is it safe to say these Cats are... fecked?

Heres a video, under no load and just revving you can just hear the whistle when coming down the revs