Android, USB and iPod integration

350zroadsterGT

I think you would have to be an avid lover of the OEM look of the stereo to go for something like that at that price.

There are great Double DIN head units out there at much better prices which would fit many needs.

Buster fitted my HU, and its a top notch job done by someone who has experience playing around with these cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party with this, but I bought one of these a few years ago. Still have it somewhere. I have a JDM 350Z and I think my research pointed to the same thing as Greg above. The UK cars don't have the CD port connection. The JDM did, but the thing steadfastly refused to work 9 times out of 10. Randomly it would decide to fire up and start playing from USB, but I could never work out any sort of chain of events as to why it would occasionally work. The manufacturer was really communicative with me and sent me several different firmware upgrades to try, unfortunately none of them made any difference. Eventually, one of the firmware upgrades bricked the device.

My advice to anyone considering using this unit is:

1. Email the manufacturer directly (http://gromaudio.com/) and ask them if they've solved the issues with it.

2. Consider the tape aux-in hack instead.

Chris.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have some experience with similar adapters in a rav4 multichanger port. First one (connects2) I think was awful, shutdown after a few minutes, had a couple of those. Eventually got an xcarlink, it was ok, bit limited in that you had to put your mp3s into 6 folders to replicate the 6 CDS that the OEM head unit was expecting. The motivation to use this was to retain the stock display with temp and fuel computer.

Long story short - you REALLY need a good reason to keep the factory head unit to put up with the absolute pain in the balls these adapters are.

• Like 1