Wanted: Pictures of steering wheels

Neil

Sounds strange I know but please read on...

I have been speaking with InCarTec today reference their loom kits and steering wheel control kits, to enable us to fit aftermarket head units.

They have said that if I can send them pictures on the different 350z steering wheels, they will write specific code for our cars so that the phone buttons work, and also introduce 'siri' prompts when the 'speak' button is pressed.

Can I ask you for the following please?

Steering Wheel picture in an '05' plate UK & Import model

Steering Wheel picture in an '06' plate UK & Import model

Steering Wheel picture in an '07' plate UK & Import model

If we can send them the pictures, I am sure we would all benefit when upgrading the head unit and requiring the conversion kits from InCarTec.

Thanks

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I was asking for pictures for the benefit of InCarTec, so that they can write specific code for us all, for when we upgrade the HU.

I have a telephone button for answer/end a call and also a 'speech' button, which at the moment, changes the source on the HU from Radio, to USB1, USB2 etc.

The idea was to enable 'siri' by using the 'speech' button on the steering wheel and not have to press and hold the 'home' key on the iPhone.

Apparently, the buttons are different on certain steering wheels (source & telephone, speech & telephone), and this was why I was asking.

I'll check Google - thanks ;)

Neil

If the iphone is charging you can enable a setting where you can say 'hey Siri' to start Siri rather than press the home button.

You can also enable this function to operate when the phone isn't plugged in by jail breaking. I did this recently and having never jail broken before had it up and running in 20 minutes.

However I ran into a major problem with Siri and ICE. If you connect your phone to your ICE using the audio jack it cuts out the iPhones internal microphone so Siri won't work unless you splice in an external mike into the audio jack. You might be able to use the 350z hands free mic?