Bizzarre keyfob issue

bigmike20vt

Hi

I came home from work today and my car would not lock. I locked manually got in and disabled alarm with the keyfob off.

i replaced the battery - its a CR2032 battery not a CR16 but as i understand it they are both 3v its just got a bigger capacity.

still no joy. HOWEVER i noticed it worked intermittantly, so not a programming issue.

I got my other key and it is exactly the same. it turns out, if i am about 1 foot away from the passengerside dash when inside the carit works ok.

outside the car, same deal, if i wave around right next to the window on the passenger side of the car it works.... evenutually.

this is with both keyfobs.

This happened right away. i have never had an issue with the car before, it has not slowly gotten worse, its just tonigth all of a sudden it is playing up. Typical really. i am selling her next month :( (child on the way no point having 2 seater)

anyone any ideas?

thanks

Edited by bigmike20vt

• 4 weeks later...

just to reply to my own thread. I think this may be to do with something a neighbour has or a new transmitter in the area. The car is 100% fine anywhere other than my drive.

in my drive it is ok most of the time, but at some times of the day the range is greatly reduced.

either way it is a relief!.