Front bumper orange reflectors ( modification ) 2007

upandoveragain

Hello everyone,

I have got my hands on a set of front bumper clear led reflectors. I am going to test them on the bench first before I put them in. The query is that if I splice into the cars side light harnes to only come on with the lights are on. Will the car put up a voltage fault on the cluster when I put the lights on.

I am only saying this because I used to own a clk and any tampering on the loom would flag up on the cluster ?. Any and all help welcome.

Best regards,

Alan.

I build my own DRL using a set of clear reflectors, and also bought a set of DLR controller from China. Installed everything and no issues for the past 6 months or more, hence from my experience (2004 UK GT model), this should not be an issue.

I use these T-tap by 3M --> http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal/3M/en_GB/ElectricalMkts/ElectricalSupplies/products/scotchlok-wire-connectors/scotchlok-electrical-idc-wire-connectors/scotchlok-952-t-tap-disconnect/ to tap into side light harness. It can be removed easily if needed and just cover the original harness with insulation tape. Alternatively, if you want to try, use needle to pierce through the harness to gain connection. If it doesn't work, a needle hole can be easily sealed/covered.

Have fun!! :thumbs:

Well to be honest looking at the new light harness it's an earth connection at each side and the 12v power.

The next question is can I tap into the side light with no problem ?. Will it read a voltage drop / amps increase ?.

I will test them first as its a bit pissing about lol.