Urgent help

Zimjason

Right changed my disc and pads today took a bleed nipple out and it was glued in i couldn't under stand why and no I know the threads are all gone in the calliper what are my options iv thought about tapping it out to m12 but unsure how that will work in going to try run a new tap of m10x1.25 to see if I can get some sort of purchase on it to hold the fluid in typical I was the very last one I done for re-bleeding so mad lol

Can anyone help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful not to damage the concave seat.

This type of repair must be perfect for obvious reasons.

if you are very lucky, you may get the old nipple out.

Failing that, drill, remove and tap.

Or drill out and fit a helicoil.

Last option and probably the best, but most expensive is to fit a good pre owned caliper.

Plenty preowned calipers in stock and good to go same/next day if required.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

• Like 2

As Alex says, bearing in mind that under heavy braking there will be as much as 2000 pounds per square inch of pressure exerted on it.

if you are very lucky, you may get the old nipple out.

Failing that, drill, remove and tap.

Or drill out and fit a helicoil.

Last option and probably the best, but most expensive is to fit a good pre owned caliper.

Plenty preowned calipers in stock and good to go same/next day if required.

Just drop me a PM if I can help further. :thumbs:

Old nipple removed then I saw the world of problems I encountered

I assume pervious owner messed it up just before I bought it as he just put all new pads and discs on

*steps taken to fix

*removed caliper placed into a vice dropped some Vaseline in the bleed nipple to stop and swaff from traveling into the calliper got my m10x1.25 tap out crossed my fingers as there was no way of telling it I was lined up with threads that the bottom sprayed some gutting compound onto the side of the tap and the tapping commenced everything seem to go so smoothly took the tap out the bleed nipple fitted perfect got it down to a hand tight the was able to do about 1-1/5 turns with a spanner thought it was good rebuilt the caliper bleed every other brake perfect got to the last one turned the bleed nipple slightly and man I could I ripped the calliper off 😂 could I he'll get it to line up to screw back in so off came the calliper and out came the wise and tap and die set did the process again everything seem better this time * note before I put any fluid back it I wedged some wood between the Pistons

*as to not blow them out of there socket

and ran a compressed air through the caliper to clean out any left over Vaseline or swaff then Re attached the calliper before putting the bleed nipple back in I was about 50-60 mm of fluid out that whole to ensure nothing was left over before placing the bleed nipple in place and screwing it back in place re did the bleeding process and after 4 long weeks I finally have a working z again ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ thanks for all the comments and help along the way guys

Dont worry im taking it very steady on the breaks till I'm 100% confident it's ok not going on any crazy track days or anything ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Really cool your braving the task yourself... Most rewarding part of owning the car is working on it yourself and solving problems

Like this, but confused about the glued nipple a bodge from a previous owner?

Yes assuming they didn't know how to repair so managed to get 1-2 threads then just put some lock tight / glue to stop the excess leaks 😵😵