Replacing from wheel hub - Remove ABS sensor?

Mack

Just ordered a replacement hub for the front left wheel as the bearing is on the way out.

I had a mechanic friend of mine check it out and he warned to be careful with the ABS sensor when doing it. Not specifically do the with 350z but he warned you can get problems with the gap.

Is it better to leave it in place and loosen the hub and be cautions hammering out the hub via the bolts or remove the sensor and place it to one side?

Thanks

Mack

I know that they can be very difficult to remove and you could damage it trying - if its held in by corrosion or corroded bolts i would leave it alone. I've just done the front wheel bearings on my vw sharan and theres no way the sensors wouldve come out. I pressed out the hub using a bottle jack, no hammering involved until i put it back in.

Thanks for the reply gareth29,

Just for info I removed the ABS sensor as there was some oxidation from the hub in the hub carrier and I wasn't happy scraping it off with the sensor in pace. The bolt had some corrosion on but came off easily and the sensor came off. Ive fitted the new hub with no problems, ABS working fine with no lights. If you do this don't forget to put the little plastic cover that protects the ABS sensor in first before you put the brake dust shield and hub on. I had to take it all off again because I forgot!

Lucky on the front at least no pullers or messing with bearings are required, the hub, stub axle and bearing are all one unit held on by 4 bolts.