Hello from Colchester

Both of them (Exige s) have been mechanical nightmares, but they do get run absolutely ragged. Put me off getting an evora and got the 370 Nismo instead, saved a few quid too. Obviously not in the same league but I wanted something that could wear serious mileage and had good experience from 350s bulletproof powertrain. Other mate who had an evora which caught fire on his driveway randomly.

Both of them (Exige s) have been mechanical nightmares, but they do get run absolutely ragged. Put me off getting an evora and got the 370 Nismo instead, saved a few quid too. Obviously not in the same league but I wanted something that could wear serious mileage and had good experience from 350s bulletproof powertrain. Other mate who had an evora which caught fire on his driveway randomly.

I'd have an Evora if I could keep the exige too, 2012 model year onwards though. Never heard of any spontaneous combustion issues. Mate has a 400 coming next month!

I'm surprised that you've had problems with the S2 exige though, gearbox and air con pipe aside there isn't much that goes wrong. Mine did 10,000 miles and numerous trackdays over 3 and a half years without any depreciation!

To be fair my buddies have run them like track slags so perhaps not surprising and the hanger 111 upgrades don't do much for longevity. Yep the evora just randomly decided to self-immolate one morning...

Weird, never heard of that happening with an Evora! Big fan of Hangar 111, they looked after my S2 but the 320 upgrade is a bit extreme in my view. My car was also a bit of a garage Queen rather than track slag although I averaged 4 a year probably. Not managed to get the V6 on track yet though!