Steering Wheel Control - Next Track

Hodaka

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with something that's been bothering me a little bit? I did search the forums and Google, but I can't seem to find any information on this. Maybe I'm just using the wrong search phrases...

Anyhow, on the steering wheel controls, when I push the bottom lever upwards it increases volume rather than skipping to the next track. Is this normal? Pushing it down goes to the beginning of the track as I would expect.

Any information would be much appreciated! I've attached and highlighted an image below to clarify what I'm referring to.

Just as a little side note although I don't think it'd matter, this was happening with the OEM Bose HU, as well as the aftermarket HU (Pioneer AppRadio2 w/ steering control adapter from ICT).

Thanks in advance!

temp_zpsiruwbmnn.jpg

I have a Pioneer AVH-8500BT installed with the ICT harness. On random occasions I find that when I'm changing volume it skips a track instead. I just put this down to a glitch with the harness. It only happens on rare occasions so it doesn't really bother me.

If yours is doing it all the time I would have thought it was the wrong steering wheel patch cable but if it did it on the old BOSE HU without the ICT harness then maybe not.

Will be interesting to see if others have similar issues.

Hope you manage to get this sorted :)

• Like 1

Thanks for your input Cookie :)

Yeah it's quite a strange issue that I can't really get my head around. Not the end of the world, but hopefully someone will be able to shed some light! :surrender:

• 8 months later...

A few months ago I randomly tried holding it in the up position for a few seconds, and it skipped to the next track. I haven't tried since so I don't know if it works every time, but worth trying out. :)

I'll try after work and see if it works for me again and will let you know.

A few months ago I randomly tried holding it in the up position for a few seconds, and it skipped to the next track. I haven't tried since so I don't know if it works every time, but worth trying out. :)

I'll try after work and see if it works for me again and will let you know.

Thanks!

I RTFM a few mins back, I don't know about your head unit but mine can be configured apparently1 :)

Steering Control Selects the input mode for the connected remote control. To prevent a malfunction, be sure to match the input mode with the connected remote control before use. Custom Input mode for the steering wheel remote control (Automatically selected when [user Defined] is complete.). Preset Input mode for the wired remote control excluding the steering wheel remote control. User Defined The steering button panel appears. î  Press and hold the button you want to assign to the steering wheel. The button on the panel lights up (standby). î¡ Press and hold the button on the steering wheel you want to assign the function to. The button on the panel changes to blue (registration complete). î¢ To register other functions, repeat steps î  and î¡. (Available only when [steering Control] is set to [Custom].) Notes î While making settings, only button operation on the unit is available. For safety, park your car before making this setting. î If an error occurs while registering, all the registered information is cleared. Restart registration from the beginning. î This function may not be available on some vehicles. For details on the compatibility of your vehicle, visit the support site on the back cover.