Jump to content

decrobinson1999

Members
  • Posts

    34
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by decrobinson1999

  1. https://www.timeattack.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/ClassSpecSheet.pdf for reference these are the time attack general guidelines
  2. I probably will be getting a bigger daily that could toe another car however initially will probably drive the car to the track. I really liked how my Z felt, i took it round some good corners and it handles well for a completely stock car, never really driven an mx5 but i can imagine it's a pretty different feel, but i have no real preference. i'm just not sure whether either would be competitive if i was to enter a few events a year rather than just general driving.
  3. Unfortunately I only have an 06 wrx so between the engine and gearbox it’s always a risk to take on the track (more than most cars) and tbh now I’ll have the space I’d prefer to have 2 cars so I’m never stranded if it breaks my Scooby has basically everything that can be done to it within the restrictions of the stock components becoming even more temperamental and tbh I want to get back in a rwd car again for the track im not even sure where a turbo MX-5 would fall in time attack or a 350 either (I haven’t officially entered an event yet and am still pretty new as I haven’t felt comfortable enough with a car to take that step yet) I would imagine a 250-275bhp MX-5 would be faster and more fun than a 350 but I can’t comment as I have tracked neither, however I would imagine the MX-5 to be cheaper to run and boosting the 350 becomes extremelt expensive, I think a SC or turbo kit would be the full cost of a built MX-5 but as you said I’m unsure how competitive either a stock 350 or boosted MX-5 would be in hill climb I would be looking to be placed in the road going class, but I’m unsure what the TA equivalent is?
  4. Yeah i havent really seen any, and agree that the TT would help, however unfortunately like the elise and exige they are all out of my price range how do boosted mx5's compare to these cars? I loved my Z when i had it but i never tracked it so couldn't comment on real performance rather than street performance, and the only mx5 i have been in was a ride round the town in a friends
  5. Hi Everyone,I'm looking at getting rid of my subaru (its currently a daily and track car) to buy 2 cars, one being a economical daily driver and the other being a track car that I can also enter into a few events. It is becoming an issue relying on it getting me to work now i am working on and tracking the car more and a new house move means I have more car space. I have previously owned a Z and regretted selling it since.The Subaru is too heavy on consumables as its pretty heavy (and not the most reliable transmission or engine), and also the AWD system means nearly everything is tripled over a 2wd car as it has more of everything component wise (diffs etc...) so i'm looking at getting back into a RWD car for track.Currently I'm torn between a few cars, mainly a nissan 350z (as I've had one previously and know they are pretty nice to drive) and an MX-5, however I would like it to be boosted.So my main questions are:1. Has anyone who has driven both got a decent comparison between the 2 and which will be better2. Best year to get as a track car (preferably the most reliable) 3. If anyone is in TA what class do these cars generally sit in and how do they preform (I has my 350 before i starting being able to go to the track) Thanks for any input
×
×
  • Create New...